We are looking for a Finance Assistant to carry out administrative and finance duties and assist in the smooth running of our Finance Department.
· To carry out administrative and finance work and assist in the smooth running of the finance team working closely with the other finance assistant.
· Provide administrative support for the Management Accountant and Finance Director
- Carry out finance administration including but not restricted to entering supplier invoices; banking; inputting rents received; dealing with petty cash; supplier invoice authorisation process; reconciling credit card statements; inputting CORE forms and recording on relevant computer systems.
- To assist the Rent & Arrears Officer on the monitoring of client’s accounts and balances, dealing with Housing Benefit letters and queries.
- To liaise and attend meetings with external agencies in relation to finance matters and attend any relevant internal or external meetings and any staff consultation or training.
- Updating and maintaining the rent accounting database (SDM) with all relevant client information.
- Reconciliation of finance accounts such as petty cash and bank accounts.
- Process weekly occupancy sheets and other related administration.
- Process paperwork relating to new clients including Housing Benefit forms, changes of address.
- Recording all monies including that of donations and grants and security of monies in accordance with Policies.
- Weekly preparation of organisation’s banking.
- General administrative, filing duties as appropriate.
- Perform all duties in a professional and confidential manner in line with the organisation’s values and in accordance with the Employee Handbook, policies and procedures.
- Assisting other finance staff as and when required.
- To assist and provide financial support to the fundraising team and other staff when required.
- Carry out such other tasks as may, from time to time, be necessary when consistent with the nature of the post.
Part time, 22.5 hours at 4.5 per day, Monday to Friday
Closing date for applications - 23rd August, with interviews taking place on the 8th & 9th September
Please contact Katherine Goddard: [email protected]
Or write to Katherine at 7 The Crescent, Taunton, Somerset TA1 4EA
Finance Assistant Job Description